Tuesday, 14 May 2019
Sponsored Corporate Presentations offer a range of best practices, strategies, tools, tactics, and insights for successful investment management and financial analysis from senior-thought leaders at leading financial services firms.
Plenary Sessions feature global thought leaders who provide big picture perspectives, innovative insights, and broad outlooks on current issues of interest to the entire audience.
Technical Workshops are interactive small group sessions designed to engage investment professionals in skill-building.
Extended Sessions allow for a deeper exploration of investing topics relevant to investment professionals.
Tom Brakke, CFA
Author, The Research Puzzle
- Understanding and evaluating a manager’s organizational structure and culture
- Breaking down and understanding a manager’s investment process
- How to conduct an appropriately thorough due diligence and selection process
- Exploring manager incentives, capacity issues, and the impact of size
Offices of Philip Marcovici
- Global regulatory trends in tax transparency and compliance and the massive impact on private wealth management
- The evolving needs of today’s international wealth owners and the changing role of advisers in the decade ahead
- How advisers can best use trusts, insurance, and other tools of wealth management in meeting client goals
- Family retreats, family and family business governance, and best practices for today’s business and wealth owners
- Strategies for building a successful 21st century private wealth practice
- How tax systems have to and will change and reflections on political challenges, including Brexit
- The realities of income and wealth inequality and the responsibility of wealth and business owners and their advisers
Concurrent Practitioner Sessions explore key topics with analysis and commentary on investment trends and strategies, financial technology, career skills, psychology and decision making, and Brexit.