Wednesday, 20 May 2020
8:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Professor of Chinese Studies and Director, Lau China Institute
King’s College London
- How China is becoming the next superpower and leading influencer—based on its size and population, its manufacturing sector, GDP, and trade presence
- What matters to China? A look at China’s displays of military prowess, its investments in cyber warfare, and its increasing financial clout
- What are Xi Jinping’s goals and plans? Inside his plans to make China the most powerful country on Earth and to eradicate poverty for its citizens
- A look at China’s ideology and foreign policy, and what they mean for the world
- What would a world led by China and greatly affected by “Chinese values” look like?
Investing with Impact: Policies, Stewardship, and Strategies for Making Money and Making a Difference
Head of Sustainable Investing
Managing Director and Global Head of BlackRock Investment Stewardship
Mindy S. Lubber
CEO and President
- Making sustainability the bottom line by creating investor and corporate networks that drive solutions to the world’s biggest challenges while creating a model for profit
- Supporting responsible long-term stock ownership through engagement focused on enhanced governance and sustainable business practices
- Strategies for ESG integration by analysts and portfolio managers based on investment research, and the potential for alpha generation and risk mitigation at a portfolio level
11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m.
A Conversation with Michael Lewis: Observations on Wall Street and Politics 30 Years after Liar’s Poker
Financial Journalist and Best-Selling Author