Wednesday, 24 May 2017
7:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Plenary Sessions feature industry thought leaders, who provide big picture perspectives, innovative insights, and broad outlooks on current issues of interest to the entire audience.
Joseph Brennan, CFA
Principal, Equity Index Group
The Vanguard Group, Inc.
Tina Byles Williams
Portfolio Manager, Global Equities; Chief Investment Officer; and CEO
Leo P. Grohowski
Executive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer
BNY Mellon Wealth Management
Paul Smith, CFA, Moderator
President and CEO
- Beyond returns: What the future of both active and passive management holds
- Why building diverse teams is important
- How to create and maintain a culture that leads to innovation, agility, and ethical decision making
Research Bureau, People’s Bank of China
- Discussion of China’s recent progress in launching its green financial system and the green finance guidelines
- Explanation of China’s G–20 Green Finance Study Group (GFSG)
- Summary of the seven options proposed by the GFSG on how to enhance the role of the global financial system in mobilizing private capital for green investment
11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m
President, Global Markets Institute and Senior Investment Strategist
Goldman Sachs & Co.
- A review of the fundamental and political forces shaping the economic outlook in the United States and other major economies
- A discussion of the paths of global capital flows, including direct investment, portfolio flows, and central bank activity
- The challenges facing professional portfolio managers in this age of policy uncertainty