Wednesday, 24 May 2017
7:15 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
CFA Institute Forum
The Forum is the place to go to connect with fellow delegates, hear first-hand about current CFA Institute initiatives, share your thoughts with staff, and learn about the benefits of membership. The Forum will be busy throughout the conference with speaker meet and greets, online demos, special-interest presentations, and small-group networking.
#CFAedge Social Media Lounge
Join the conversation using #CFAedge and stop by the social media lounge to ask our staff your burning social media questions. While here, you can view the leaderboard of the best social media posts from the conference, see a live feed of all social media coverage, take a souvenir photo, and satisfy your sweet tooth.
CFA Institute Career Center
Learn about the many career resources CFA Institute offers—including the newly launched, online CFA Institute Career Center—and meet with career and executive coaches. Coaches are available to discuss your career management, soft-skill, and leadership questions.
Professional headshots are offered as a complimentary benefit to conference delegates. Come by to have your photo taken, then visit the social media lounge to start using it with your accounts.
New this year, the CFA Institute Virtual Link will bring the Annual Conference experience online with live broadcasts of select sessions, exclusive speaker interviews, and discussions of current topics. Swing by the Virtual Link Studio to get a sneak peek.
Popular industry titles and a variety of books written by conference speakers are available for purchase. Speaker book signings will be held throughout the conference.
Take a break to power up your gadgets and your mind with access to charging stations, internet kiosks, specialty coffee, and comfortable seating.
Plenary Sessions feature industry thought leaders, who provide big picture perspectives, innovative insights, and broad outlooks on current issues of interest to the entire audience.
Joseph Brennan, CFA
Principal, Equity Index Group
The Vanguard Group, Inc.
Tina Byles Williams
Portfolio Manager, Global Equities; Chief Investment Officer; and CEO
Leo P. Grohowski
Executive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer
BNY Mellon Wealth Management
Paul Smith, CFA, Moderator
President and CEO
- Beyond returns: What the future of both active and passive management holds
- Why building diverse teams is important
- How to create and maintain a culture that leads to innovation, agility, and ethical decision making
Tune in to this session as part of the Virtual Link.
Presented by CFA Institute
- Explore a new platform (at arx.cfa) for Asia-Pacific-centric research that is
- delivering Asia insights that are relevant for regional and global practitioners
- bridging the information gap to help generate returns, drive markets forward, and increase capital markets efficiencies
Future Point of View
- Unpack what the “digital transformation” really means and consider its impacts on the investment industry
- Learn how to make wise investment choices based on the changing dynamics of an economic transformation
- Examine the impacts of technological advances on the investment profession over the next five years
Richard Brandweiner, CFA, Moderator
11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m
Advisory Director and Senior Investment Strategist
Goldman Sachs & Co.
- A review of the fundamental and political forces shaping the economic outlook in the United States and other major economies
- A discussion of the paths of global capital flows, including direct investment, portfolio flows, and central bank activity
- The challenges facing professional portfolio managers in this age of policy uncertainty
Neil Irwin, Moderator
Senior Economics Correspondent
New York Times