John B. Judis
Talking Points Memo
- Are we headed toward a political revolution?
- The challenge to the political center by the anti-capitalist left and populist right
- Why the populist right? Trump, Brexit, and the European right; the new nationalism; how global capitalism has produced discontented working classes
- Why the left? Warren and Sanders, Labour’s Corbyn, and the rebellion of the young; the unexpected revival of socialism; the anxieties created by climate change and economic insecurity
- What’s at stake in the next election in the United States?
Specialty Focus Area: Global Trends