Does the conference qualify for continuing education (CE) credits?
The Annual Conference qualifies for 19.5 credit hours, inclusive of 3 hours in the content areas of Standards, Ethics, and Regulations (SER). For CFA Institute members, these credit hours will be updated automatically in your online CE tracking tool.
This conference will also be submitted to NASBA for credit review and may qualify for continuing education credit from other organizations (e.g., the CFP Board and IIROC). Please contact your relevant organization for details on self-documenting credit for your participation. Please view information about CPE credits for NASBA (PDF).
What do I need to do to obtain the continuing education credits?
CFA Institute CE credits will automatically be updated in your CE tracking tool and should be visible 3–4 weeks following the conference.
For other credits, please complete an attendance form at the conference (found at the registration desk). You will receive a confirmation letter for NASBA CPE credits within 3–4 weeks following the conference or a confirmation of attendance letter for use when self-reporting any other third party credits.
What meals are included in the conference fee?
The conference registration includes a networking reception on Sunday evening; breakfast on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday; lunch on Monday and Tuesday; and a networking reception and dinner on Tuesday evening. Monday is an open evening. You may wish to use this opportunity to connect with smaller groups of delegates.
Can I bring my partner, guest, or child to the receptions?
You may register your partner or guest for the Sunday or Tuesday evening receptions. There is also a tour option that will be available for partners and guests while you are attending the conference sessions. Due to the professional nature of the conference and receptions, it is not appropriate for children under 18 years old. More information regarding the partner/guest program and fees will be available in November.
What are the different session types at the conference and what do they mean?
We offer several different types of sessions at the Annual Conference.
- Plenary Sessions feature industry thought leaders who provide big picture perspectives, innovative insights, and broad outlooks on current issues of interest to the entire audience. The keynote plenary is on Sunday evening, with the remaining plenary sessions on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings.
- Beyond the Numbers Sessions provide training in soft-skill areas of growth and personal development for investment professionals, including leadership, firm building, career skills, and CFA Institute perspectives. These sessions run concurrently on Sunday afternoon.
- Concurrent Practitioner Sessions explore key topics in six tracks (Fixed-Income Management, Alternative Investments, Asset and Risk Allocation, Equity Investments, Private Wealth Management, and Policy and Practice) with analysis and commentary on important market sectors and trends from prominent charterholder practitioners. These sessions run concurrently on Monday afternoon, with one session per topic area at 2:15 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.
- Extended Sessions are presented by academics and allow for a deeper analysis into a topic in finance, often presenting research. These run concurrently for 90 minutes on Tuesday afternoon.
- Career Track Sessions are designed to inspire delegates at all stages of their career to be intentional about their career management and professional development efforts. Sessions will convey practical insights and strategies for achieving career goals. These run concurrently following the Extended Sessions on Tuesday afternoon.
- Sponsored Corporate Presentations offer a range of best practices, strategies, tools, and tactics for successful investment management and financial analysis from professionals at leading financial services firms. These run concurrently over breakfast on Monday and Tuesday and with dessert on Monday.
Why are you asking me to opt out of receiving paper copies of the presentations?
In 2016, 55% of delegates opted out of paper copies in lieu of accessing color copies through our website or mobile app. This allowed us to greatly reduce the amount of paper produced for the conference. You can help with our sustainability efforts by opting out of paper copies during the registration process.
How can I access presentations electronically? Which ones are available?
Delegates are welcome to access presentations from speakers who granted permission for online distribution. The color PDF versions are available online through the presentations tab on the conference website or through the mobile app. See a current list of presentations that are available. This list will be updated as materials become available. Please note that access is limited to registered conference delegates only.
Are the conference facility and hotels accessible for people with disabilities?
Yes. Please note any special dietary restrictions and accessibility needs in the conference registration process and also when booking your hotel room.
If I need to go straight to or from the conference, will there be a place to leave my jacket and bag?
Yes. There is a coat check available on Sunday, 21 May from 12:00-7:30 p.m. and on Wednesday, 24 May from 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
What if I have another question?
Please contact us at email@example.com.