Does the conference qualify for continuing education (CE) credits?
The Annual Conference will qualify for credit hours. For CFA Institute members, these credit hours will be updated automatically in your online CE tracking tool.
CFA Institute Continuing Education (CE) Credits*:
- Sunday – Up to 3 CE credits
- Monday – 5 CE credits, including up to 0.25 SER** credit
- Tuesday – 5.5 CE credits, including up to 0.75 SER** credit
- Wednesday – 3 CE credits
- Full conference – Up to 16.5** CE credits
**Exact credit is dependent on actual sessions attended.
This conference will also be submitted to NASBA for credit review and may qualify for continuing education credit from other organizations (e.g., the CFP Board and IIROC). Please contact your relevant organization for details on self-documenting credit for your participation. Please view information about CPE credits for NASBA (PDF).
What do I need to do to obtain the continuing education credits?
CFA Institute CE credits will automatically be updated in your CE tracking tool and should be visible 3–4 weeks following the conference.
For other credits, please complete an attendance form at the conference (found at the registration desk). You will receive a confirmation letter for NASBA CPE credits within 3–4 weeks following the conference or a confirmation of attendance letter for use when self-reporting any other third party credits.
What meals are included in the conference fee?
The conference registration includes a networking reception on Sunday evening; breakfast on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday; lunch on Monday and Tuesday; and a networking reception and dinner on Tuesday evening. Monday is an open evening. You may wish to use this opportunity to connect with smaller groups of delegates.
Can I bring my partner, guest, or child to the receptions?
You may register your partner or guest for the Tuesday evening reception. A day pass can be purchased for the Sunday sessions and evening Welcome Reception. Due to the professional nature of the conference and receptions, it is not appropriate for children under 18 years old.
What are the different session types at the conference and what do they mean?
We offer several different types of sessions at the Annual Conference. Want to know more? View a printable version of the schedule with session descriptions (PDF).
- Plenary Sessions feature global thought leaders who provide big picture perspectives, innovative insights, and broad outlooks on current issues of interest to the entire audience. The keynote plenary is on Sunday evening, with the remaining plenary sessions on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings and closing Monday and Tuesday afternoons.
- Beyond the Numbers Sessions provide training in soft-skills in a variety of areas of personal development for investment professionals. These sessions run concurrently on Sunday afternoon at 14:00 and 15:30.
- Concurrent Practitioner Sessions explore key topics with analysis and commentary on investment trends and strategies, financial technology, career skills, psychology and decision making, and Brexit. These sessions run concurrently on Monday afternoon at 13:30, 14:30, and 15:45 and Tuesday at 15:45.
- Extended Sessions allow for a deeper exploration of investing topics relevant to investment professionals. These 105-minute sessions run concurrently on Tuesday afternoon at 13:30.
- Technical Workshops are interactive small group sessions designed to engage investment professionals in skill-building. These 105-minute sessions run concurrently on Monday and Tuesday afternoons at 13:30.
- Sponsored Corporate Presentations offer a range of best practices, strategies, tools, tactics, and insights for successful investment management and financial analysis from senior-thought leaders at leading financial services firms. These run concurrently with dessert on Monday and Tuesday at 12:30.
- The Research Foundation Workshop for the Practitioner draws from the work supported by the CFA Institute Research Foundation to help participants enhance their practical investment knowledge, understand and apply new research, and contribute to effective client service. This is an optional, free workshop for delegates of the 72nd CFA Institute Annual Conference. This workshop is on Sunday afternoon at 14:00.
Are the conference facility and hotels accessible for people with disabilities?
Yes. Please note any special dietary restrictions and accessibility needs in the conference registration process and also when booking your hotel room.
What if I have another question?
Please contact us at email@example.com.