The 71st CFA Institute Annual Conference (the Conference) is one of the eligible courses under the Financial Incentive Scheme for Professional Training (the Scheme) of the Pilot Program to Enhance Talent Training for the Asset and Wealth Management Sector (the WAM Pilot Program), funded by the HKSAR government. Under the Scheme, eligible individuals will be reimbursed 80% of the eligible course fees, subject to a maximum of HK$7,000, upon satisfactory completion of the course/seminar/conference over the three-year period of the Scheme.
- Delegates who meet the eligibility criteria and have completed Day 2 (i.e., 14 May 2018) and/or Day 3 (i.e., 15 May 2018) of the Conference can apply for reimbursement under the Scheme.
- Eligibility:1 The delegate should be a Hong Kong resident and lawfully employable in Hong Kong, as well as an in-service practitioner in the financial services industry.
- Conference fee2 qualifying for reimbursement under the Scheme:
- Day Pass on Day 2 and/or Day 3—HK$2,500 per Day Pass
- Full Pass—HK$5,000
- Satisfactory completion: Eligible delegates who wish to apply for reimbursement under the Scheme must follow the registration procedures during the Conference to meet the attendance requirements under the Scheme.
- Attendance requirement: For Day 2 (14 May 2018), participants are required to attend all sessions of the day from 09:00 to 17:15 (lunch hours 12:45-14:30); and all sessions from 09:00 to 17:45 (lunch hours 12:45-14:30) on Day 3 (15 May 2018). Participants will not be allowed to sign-in/out if he/she is late for more than 30 minutes of the start/end of the morning and afternoon session.
- Application deadline: Eligible delegates should submit the signed application form with all other five supporting documents to the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute (HKSI Institute) on or before 14 September 2018.
- For further information, please refer to the WAM Pilot Program website.
If you are eligible and wish to apply for reimbursement under the Scheme, please fill out the form on or before Tuesday, 8 May 2018.
- For details, please refer to www.wamtalent.org.hk/eng/financial_incentives_scheme_for_professional_training/guide_to_applicants.html. Delegates are responsible for ensuring that they are eligible individuals under the Scheme prior to applying for reimbursement.
- Eligible delegates must not be a recipient of any other form of subsidy or financial assistance for the relevant Conference from any publicly funded schemes or the delegate’s employer.